Note: Use this endpoint for testing. Use the asynchronous extraction endpoints for production.
Extract data from a local document synchronously.
To explore this endpoint, use this interactive API reference, or use one of the following options:
- For a quick "hello world" response to this endpoint, see the quickstart
- For a step-by-step tutorial about calling this endpoint, see Try synchronous extraction.
- Run this endpoint in the Sensible Postman collection.
There are two options for posting the document bytes.
- (often preferred) specify the non-encoded document bytes as the entire request body,and specify the
Content-Typeheader, for example,"application/pdf" or "image/jpeg".
See the following for supported file formats.
- Base64 encode the document bytes, specify them in a body "document" field, and specify application/json for the
Using the Sensible app, you can extract from PDFs. Using the Sensible API, you can extract document data from the following file formats:
When extracting from image file formats, Sensible ignore OCR or OCR preprocessor settings you configure in the document type or SenseML configuration.
For TIFF documents, SenseML that attempts to return a rendered page returns an error, including:
- pixel-based methods, such as Box, Checkbox, Signature, and image coordinates found with the Document Range method
- Key/Value method
- Fixed Table and Table methods with the Stop parameter specified. Use the Text Table method as an alternative.